How easy to hide an electrical panel on a wall
We bought the house with an electrical panel in the entryway that is not integrated into the wall. It looks forward and doesn’t look good.
There are two ways to fix it: either call a specialist to embed it into the wall, or use my imagination to turn the defect into something beautiful. As my husband and I are repairing our new house by ourselfes, it means I’m going to use my imagination and turn the ugly thing into a beautiful one.
Today, I’ll share with you how to hide an electrical panel on a wall with a little imagination, cheaply, and with a little bit of work.
How to hide an electrical panel on a wall
How to make a decorative box on the electrical panel:
• I bought a suitcase box and transformed it into a box for the electrical panel. The choices were the size. I didn’t find anything beautiful and so I took what was appropriate. All inscriptions and prints don’t matter because I painted the suitcase in white.
• I strengthened it with metal angles and put a screw in the center at the top.
• Then I cut the bottom by the size of the electrical board.
• Then I painted it in white.
• My husband stuck the box on the wall.
Here is the result and you can see why I use a suitcase box. Because the suitcase lid is the door of the new box on the electric panel. This will always have easy access to it.
The screw which I put on the top of the door is a small, but important part of the project. So, it’s easy to set decorations that I’ll change according to the seasons.
That’s what I’m talking about and what it looks like.
To hide the fuses on one side, my husband mounted a small shelf on the wall. Using decorations I hide this part that should not be visible.
On the other side we put a wall mail organizer. I think that It looks better now.
I hope you like my idea and the final result. I’ll be glad if this idea is useful to any of you. So, you can hide different objects on the wall you don’t like with this cheap and easy way.
If you want, you could follow me on Instagram for more ideas about home decoration and home interior.
Thank you for stopping by my blog!