Easy and cheap plastic pot makeover with bamboo
Today, I’ll share with you how to make a simple plastic pot look beautiful.
As you know, if you’ve already read my blog, we already live in a new country (Spain) and a new house. I make all the changes and repairs with my husband. The goal of course is to make a house become home. Most of the work is done, but there are still unfinished projects. The front yard is one of the projects we are making progressively.
To make it a pleasant place, the front yard has to have many plants. Because we live in Spain and can afford to have olive trees, there is one in the front yard, but it is smaller. So, it happened that we saw a bigger olive tree. We bought it, because we have the perfect empty space for it.
We already have other plants in the front yard and all are in clay pots. The new olive tree is in a plastic pot that is the ideal size for it. However, I don’t like the plastic pot and I have an idea how to change it so it looks beautiful.
Plastic pot makeover with bamboo
Here’s how easy and inexpensive to change plastic pot with bamboo:
• I measure the size of the plastic pot and cutted bamboo as much as we need. (I left a slightly higher height, which I then cut in size)
• Cover the entire plastic pot with bamboo
• With a metal wire, I make two rounds at the top and the bottom to hold the bamboo
• Put several screws under the metal wire to stay in place and not fall down
• I cut bamboo at the top of the size I like
• I paint with a color that I like (Bamboo lightens and turns gray with time from the rain and sun)
• A thin rope hides the metal wire. If you want, you can hide the wire with a thin rope. I had this idea, but I liked the final result only with wire and I will not put a rope on the top for now.
• I added several stones in the pot. So it looks more beautiful and it gets heavier. So even if there is a very strong wind it will stand in its place.
Here are all steps in photos:
It’s a very easy, fast and inexpensive way to make each pot look beautiful and made out of natural material. You can paint the bamboo in any color you like.
I hope you enjoyed my idea and inspired you to make your own projects.
If you want, you could follow me on Instagram for more ideas about home decoration and home interior.
Thank you for stopping on my blog!